UNDERSTANDING IDOLATRY – PART TWO
Beloved friends, welcome again to today’s broadcast. I trust that the last broadcast helped you to understand the nature of idolatry and its manifestations.
We shall continue the topic, Understanding Idolatry. And our bible passage today will be from The Book of Romans 1:18-25.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Let us pray.
Our King in heaven, YOU are GOD alone, and detest the sharing of worship with any other. Grant that my readers will understand the tricks of Satan in involving them in idolatry and thus precipitating the anger and displeasure of GOD. Show them the way out…in JESUS’ Mighty Name I pray. AMEN!
Last week we considered the meaning of idolatry. And we said that, it is the greatest sin that can be committed against GOD. Actually, idolatry links up with other sins. We considered its various manifestations and the reasons why people are hooked in idolatry.
I mentioned summarily the solution.
Today we shall continue with the issue trusting that you will pay attention with the aim to know what to do and not to find faults in this message.
What things constitute idolatry? What are the things that constitute idolatry?
The pouring of libations to demons, ancestors and idols constitute idolatry. And it’s amazing that people who go to church, and who even have titles in church, who are regarded as senior members of a church, involve themselves in pouring libations to their ancestors, to demons and to idols.
Divination! Have you at one time visited diviners? You have involved yourself in idolatry. That’s idolatry. Satanic dedications of babies and offices or market stores constitute idolatry. Satanic dedications – you dedicate yourself; you dedicate your children; you dedicate your office; you dedicate your store – you call a priest of an idol to do that: you are neck-deep into idolatry.
Bathing for ritual purposes and throwing tokens into rivers and streams is idolatry – pure [complete] idolatry.
Raising evil altars by satanic priests in your house or buildings or construction sites is idolatry – it’s idolatry. Burying and eating sacrifices made to idols and demons is idolatry. Ancestral worship is idolatry. Initiations into cults and occultic groups or associations is idolatry.
Purchase of preparation of amulets, charms, talisman is idolatry. Venerating animals: snakes, birds and creatures – other creatures, constitute idolatry. The list cannot be exhausted.
But if you have any doubt you can always reach us for guidance.
What are the consequences of idolatry?
- It gives Satan legal entry into one’s life or family or business. You know you are not forced into it, but the moment you involve yourself in any of them you have giving Satan a legal entry into your life, into your family. You have invited him into your business. That’s one of the consequences.
- Idolatry also pollutes the land and the people that live on it. Whenever you raise an alter for Satan, for demons, or you involve them in construction sites – whatever: you are polluting the land. You are polluting that place.
- Idolatry brings a snare. It brings a snare – because the enemy will wait for you: because you belong to him.
- Idolatry limits exercise of authority. You cannot exercise full authority over Satan .
- Idolatry attracts the wrath of GOD. We are looking at the consequences. Idolatry attracts the wrath of GOD. Wrath means extreme anger. Idolatry attracts extreme anger of GOD.
- Idolatry creates barrenness in every area. Barrenness. Barrenness – not being fruitful: even barrenness of the fruit of the womb.
- Idolatry makes GOD abhor HIS inheritance.
- Idolatry brings a nation low. It creates confusion. Idolatry creates confusion; and many people are confused today because they are with their two legs, one in idolatry and another leg in Christianity.
- It leads to denial of inheritance. It leads to denial of inheritance.
- Idolatry brings plagues. It brings plagues – diseases.
- It introduces backwardness, and creates shame; multiplies sorrow.
- Idolatry has capacity to close up families. It subjects a family or land into bondage. Idolatry brings a covering of darkness over the land – over a land – over a family. It creates a covering of darkness over the land.
- Idolatry ultimately leads to untimely death. It leads to untimely death. I want you to take note of a passage in 1 Corinthians 10, and I want to read that passage shortly.
1 Corinthians 10:14
14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
Apostle Paul writing under the Power if the HOLY SPIRIT says, 14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
And what other advice can we give to any person?
Beloved friends, idolatry is a marriage covenant. You cannot have covenant with GOD and Satan at the same time.
As we begin to round up let’s look at, How to break free from Idolatry.
How to Break Free from Idolatry
- Identify your idols. Check very well. Remember our definition: anything that receives your attention and worship more than GOD or in addition to GOD is idolatry.
- Become convinced that your idol has to go. Divorce the marriage covenant. Renounce and reject the objects of relationship: rings, amulets, talisman and all that that are handed over to you as token of idolatry practices.
- Make up a commitment to work on your relationship with GOD. You have to make a commitment to work on your relationship with GOD.
- And get rid of your idols. Get rid of your idols. Get rid of them. Throw them away. Throw them out.
- Set boundaries. Set boundaries never again – never again. You know the extent you’ll want to go and even people who will like to go for you. Set boundaries and renew your mind.
One of the things that can help you is to join an accountability partner. What we mean is that you join a church or an interdenominational group or a Christian who can hold you accountable – who can say, no, this particular thing you are doing is idolatrous – and pull you out of it.
Friends, we are here for you at any time. GOD has anointed us to help you. You can call on us or visit our Headquarters to see any of our pastors or myself.
Let me lead you into prayers to divorce your relationship with idols and demons and enter into a spiritual relationship with our LORD JESUS.
Let us pray.
Repeat after me:
My Lord and my Savior JESUS CHRIST, having understood the issue of idolatry, I today divorce my marriage relationship with all the idols in my life. I renounce you Satan; I renounce every involvement in idolatry. I receive JESUS CHRIST as my LORD and Savior. I commit myself to worship HIM and to serve HIM. From today I renounce and reject and refuse any involvement in idolatry. Hear me, my Lord and Savior…in JESUS’ Name I pray. Amen!
Let me pray for you.
Heavenly FATHER, The FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, whoever comes to YOU YOU will never in any way send the person away. All these people who are coming to YOU as a result of this message over the radio they are renouncing their idolatrous involvement. I pray, Heavenly FATHER, that YOU pull them out of the lake of the enemy. Pull them out from the hand of Satan. LORD GOD Almighty, reverse the consequences of idolatry in their lives, and receive them unto YOUR own, and create a hunger in their lives to pursue righteousness and holiness and never again involve in idolatry…in The Name of the FATHER, in The Name of The SON and in The Name of The HOLY SPIRIT. AMEN!
Post a comment